Dr Ramakant Kumar
MBBS (Mumbai), MS Ortho (AIIMS, New Delhi), DNB (Orthopaedic Surgery),
MNAMS, EX-Senior Resident (AIIMS, New Delhi)
Fellow Hip & Knee Surgery:- NUH (Singapore)
Fellow Hip & Knee Surgery:- Seoul (South Korea
Dr. Ramakant Kumar is an Joint replacement & Arthroscopy Surgeon having more than 10 years of experience in the field of Orthopaedic surgery. He completed his Six years of Orthopaedic training from prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. Dr. Kumar specializes in Knee & Hip Replacement; Computer navigated TKR, Arthroscopic Knee surgery & Complex Fractures. He has experience of performing more than 2000 knee replacement till date. He completed his advance surgical training in Hip & Knee surgery from Centers of International repute in Singapore & Seoul South Korea
Specialty/ Area of Interest
Total knee replacement
Total hip replacement
Knee arthroscopy (ACL/PCL/MCL/PLC/Multi Lig)
Pelvis & acetabulum surgery
Study Period July 2000-December 2004
Institution LTM Medical College, Sion, Mumbai-22
Compulsory rotatory internship
Institution LTM Medical College, Sion, Mumbai
Postgraduate Qualification (MS Orthopedics)
Study Period 01/07/2007-31/06/2010
Institution: All India Institute of Medical sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, India
Worked as Tutor/Senior resident at Department of Orthopedics, AIIMS, New Delhi, from 27/7/2010 to 26/7/2013 (3years)
Diplomat of national Board (DNB)
- Cleared DNB, conducted by Prestigious National Board of Examination (NBE) in First attempt, Year 2013.
|International training/ Fellowship|
- Clinical Fellowship in Joint replacement & arthroscopy from National university hospital, Singapore (17/10/2014— 16/04/2015)
- Clinical fellowship in adult reconstruction (Hip/knee ) and spine surgery from Wooridul Hospital, South Korea from 27/09/2013 to 31/05/2014
- Distinction in Pharmacology(74.67%) in second year MBBS examination
- Secured 749 rank in All India Pre-Medical Test in year 2000
- Secured All India 8th rank in prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences(AIIMS, New Delhi) postgraduate entrance test
- Secured 17th rank in Maharashtra postgraduate Common Entrance Test in year 2007
- Secured 149th rank in All India PG entrance test conducted by AIIMS in year 2007
Thesis /Research Work
“Expression of Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and Matrix Metalloproteinases-1 (MMP-1) expression in Bone Sarcomas”. This was a prospective study conducted at AIIMS, New Delhi from period of 2007-2009. The objective was to establish the role of serum VEGF and MMP-1 as diagnostic, predictive and prognostic marker in Osteosarcoma, Ewing’s Sarcoma and Chondrosarcoma.
Awards & Recognitions
Times ICONS Awrads in the Area of Orthopaedics & joint replacement; Year 2020
My Thesis/Research work entitled “Expression of Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and Matrix Metalloproteinases-1 (MMP-1) expression in Bone Sarcomas” was awarded best SICOT oral presentation award in xxv SICOT Triennial World Congress 2011 held from Sept. 5th-10th at Prague, Czech Republic.
Paper Presentation as Invited Faculty speaker
- As a faculty speaker at AO Basic/ introductory course held on 23rd June, Patna
- Faculty Speaker at Anup Masters Course “ Pre-operative Planning in TKR”, 27-28 Oct, 2018, Patna
- Faculty Speaker “Instability in TKR” at LNJP Hospital, Patna, 24/06/2018
- Faculty speaker at “Focused trauma symposium, fractures around the knee “ at AIIMS Patna, Oct 2017
- Faculty Speaker at GOFSCON 2018 (7-8 April) Patna, “HRA Vs THR in Elderly Fracture NOF”
- Invited Faculty speaker at South Korean geriatric neurosurgical congress at Seoul
“Role of ligamentoplasty in elderly patients with grade I listhesis with minimum two years follow-up” on 23/02/2014.
- Faculty speaker “ Role of MMP-1 in bone sarcomas” DOACON at New Delhi ;year 2010
- Invited Faculty speaker “Expression of VEGF in Osteosarcoma” at Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association (APOA) golden jubilee conference on 5th of October.
- Invited Faculty speaker “choice of adjuvant/reconstruction after curettage; does it really make a difference” in APOA conference New Delhi on 5th October.
- Invited Faculty speaker “expression of VEGF in Osteosarcoma” at IOACON held
from 12-16th December in Chennai.
Indexed Publications in international journals
- Kumar R, Sankineani S, Rastogi S, Prakash S, Bakhshi S, Sharma MC, et al. Expression of Vascular endothelial growth factor in Ewing’s sarcoma. International orthopaedics.2012 Aug;36(8):1669-72
- Rastogi S, Kumar R, Sankineani SR, Marimuthu K, Rijal L, Prakash S, et al. Role of vascular endothelial growth factor as a tumour marker in Osteosarcoma: a prospective study. Int Orthop.2012Nov;36(11):2315-21
- Eun SS, Lee SA, Kumar R, Sul EJ, Lee SH, Ahn JH, Chang MJ. Direct bursoscopicossicle resection in young and active patients with unresolved Osgood-Schlatter disease. Arthroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic & Related Surgery. 2015 Mar 31;31(3):416-21.
- Eun SS, Kumar R, Choi WG, Cho HR, Lee SH. Lamina fenestration technique for treatment of thoracic ossified ligamentum flavum: 2-year follow-up result. Journal of Neurological Surgery Part A: Central European Neurosurgery. 2017 May;78(03):286-90.
- Kancherla R, Sankineani SR, Naranje S, Rijal L, Kumar R, Ansari T, et al. Birth-related femoral fracture in newborns: risk factors and management. Journal of Children’s Orthopaedics. Journal of Children’s Orthopaedics. 2012 Jun 26; 6(3):177–80.
- Rijal L, Sagar G, Ansari T, Kumar R, Rao S, Kancherla R. The extremes in orthopaedics! Whom to blame?. Musculoskeletal surgery. 2012 Dec 1;96(3):179-82.
- Rastogi S, Sankineani SR, Nag HL, Mohanty S, Shivanand G, Marimuthu K, Kumar R, Rijal L; Intralesional autologous mesenchymal stem cells in management of osteonecrosis of femur: a preliminary study. Musculoskelet Surg. 2013 Jul 14
- Rijal L, Sagar G, Ansari T, Kumar R, Rao S, Kancherla R. Minimally Invasive Dynamic Hip Screw (MIDHS) Fixation. Techniques in Orthopaedics. 2014 Dec 1;29(4):237-41.
- Morey V, Sankineani SR, Kumar R. Multifocal metachronous giant cell tumour in bilateral upper limb: a rare case presentation. Musculoskeletal surgery. 2014 Aug 1;98(2):165-9.
- Mittal R, Kandwal P, Rao SS, Kumar R. Acromioclavicular joint tuberculosis: apropos of two cases. Actaorthopaedicaettraumatologicaturcica. 2013 Dec;48(5):590-2.
- Jalan, Divesh, Vijay Sharma, Ramakant Kumart, Tushar Gupta, Kamran Farooque, and Gupta Mayank. “Salvage of Femoral Head in a 4 Months Old Neglected Fracture Dislocation of Hip—A Case Report.” Journal of Dento-Medical Science and Research 1, no. 1 (2013): 28-30.
- Meena, Sanjay, PramodSaini, Vivek Singh, Ramakant Kumar, and VivekTrikha.”Bilateral anterior shoulder dislocation.” Journal of natural science, biology, and medicine 4, no. 2 (2013): 499-501.
- Sankineani SR, Kumar R, Kancherla RP. Comments to the article by Wu: Retrograde dynamic locked nailing for valgus knee correction: a revised technique. Int Orthop. 2012 Jun; 36(6):1323
- Kancherla R, Sankineani S, Trikha V, Kumar R, Malhotra R. Comment on Stern et al.: Prospective randomised study comparing screw versus helical blade in the treatment of low-energy trochanteric fractures. Int Orthop. 2012 May; 36(5):1109–1110; author reply 1111.
- Sankineani SR, Kumar R, Kumar V, Kancherla RP. Role of bone patellar tendon allograft in revision ACL reconstruction. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2012 Aug; 132(8):1215.
- Meena S, Trikha V, Sankineani SR, Kumar R, Saini P. Has the role of tibial interlocking nailing in closed tibial-shaft fractures diminished?. International orthopaedics. 2012 Nov 1:1-2.