Dr. Ramakant Kumar is a committed high profile surgeon of an international reckoning with several publications of PUBMED repute. He had the privilege of acquiring the requisite acumen and skills in orthopedic surgery from prestigious ALL INDIA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES (AIIMS), New Delhi. Ever since, he has made rapid strides in the field of Orthopaedics with primary focus on hip & knee surgery. He has done international fellowships in minimally invasive joint replacement surgery and Knee Arthroscopy from centers of international repute in Seoul, South Korea and National University Hospital, Singapore. He has successfully performed numerous cases of Hip & Knee Arthroplasty including revision surgeries. He has successfully introduced and integrated newer advances like Use of allograft in revision arthroplasty, Navigation Technology in Total knee & Total Hip replacement and UKR, which has significantly improved the functional outcome.
Area of Expertise
- MBBS (gold medalist), MS Orthopaedics (AIIMS, New Delhi)
- DNB Orthopaedics, MNAMS
- Ex-senior Resident AIIMS, New Delhi
- Fellow Hip & Knee reconstructive surgery, NUH, Singapore
International Training & Fellowships
- Primary & Revision Knee replacement
- Primary & Revision Hip Replacement
- Knee Arthroscopic surgery (ACL/PCL/MPFL/Multi Lig)
Navigated Total Knee & Hip Replacement
- UniCondylar TKRTKR
- Knee Replacement
- Hip Replacement
- Acl Reconstruction
- PCL Reconstruction
- MCL/PLC Reconstruction
- Sports injury
- Fracture Treatment
- Clinical Fellowship in Hip & knee surgery from National university hospital, Singapore (17/10/2014— 16/04/2015)
- Clinical fellowship in Hip & Knee reconstruction and spine surgery from Seoul, South Korea from 27/09/2013 to 31/05/2014
His Thesis/Research work entitled “Expression of Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and Matrix Metalloproteinases-1 (MMP-1) expression in Bone Sarcomas” was awarded best SICOT oral presentation award in xxv SICOT Triennial World Congress 2011 held from Sept. 5th-10th at Prague, Czech Republic.
Guest Speaker As Invited Faculty
Workshop and Courses
- As a faculty speaker at AO introductory course held on 23rd June, Patna
- Faculty Speaker at Anup Masters Course “ Pre-operative Planning in TKR”, 27-28 Oct, 2018, Patna
- Faculty Speaker “Instability in TKR” at LNJP Hospital, Patna, 24/06/2018
- Faculty speaker at “Focused trauma symposium, fractures around the knee “ at AIIMS Patna, Oct 2017
- Faculty Speaker at GOFSCON 2018 (7-8 April) Patna, “HRA Vs THR in Elderly Fracture NOF”
- Invited Faculty speaker at South Korean geriatric neurosurgical congress at Seoul “Role of ligamentoplasty in elderly patients with grade I listhesis with minimum two years follow-up” on 23/02/2014.
- Faculty speaker “Role of MMP-1 in bone sarcomas” DOACON at New Delhi ;year 2010
- Invited Faculty speaker “Expression of VEGF in Osteosarcoma” at Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association(APOA)golden jubilee conference on 5th of October.
- Invited Faculty speaker “choice of adjuvant/reconstruction after curettage; does it really make a difference” in APOA conference New Delhi on 5th October.
- Invited Faculty speaker “expression of VEGF in Osteosarcoma” at IOACON held from 12-16th December in Chennai.
Indexed International Peer Reviewed Publication
- Participated & successfully completed Cadaveric workshop in Complex arthroscopic Shoulder & knee surgery; Arthrex Lab, Singapore , 4-5 th November 2019
- Participated and Successfully Completed Cadaveric Workshop for Pelvic and acetabulum surgery from Chiangmai University, Thailand, 29-31 march 2019
- Participated and Successfully Completed AO Masters Course;16-18 Nov 2018, Kolkata, India
- Participated in Hip & Knee Symposium at Bangkok, Thailand, 12-13th may 2018 Participated in AO Advance Trauma Course at Mumbai, March 08-10, India Participated in Pune Knee Course,19-21 April, 2018
- Participated and successfully completed hands on workshop from 11-15th November 2013 at Wooridul spine hospital Seoul.
- Participated and successfully completed AO Recon Course held at Bengaluru 11-12th November 2017.
- Participated and successfully completed Stryker Surgeon to Surgeon interaction program held at Ahmedabad 23rd -25th 2017 on computer navigation Total knee replacement
- Participated in Pelvis and acetabulum cadaveric workshop held at Ramaiah advanced learning center, Bengaluru; 29-1ST July 2017
- Attended and completed AO Trauma course-Principal in Operative Fracture Management, held at New Delhi, India (23-25 August)
- Attended Advanced Trauma Life Support provider course between 6-8th April at JPNATC (AIIMS), New Delhi.
- Kumar R, Sankineani S, Rastogi S, Prakash S, Bakhshi S, Sharma MC, et al. Expression of Vascular endothelial growth factor in Ewing’s sarcoma. International orthopaedics.2012 Aug;36(8):1669-72 2.
- Rastogi S, Kumar R, Sankineani SR, Marimuthu K, Rijal L, Prakash S, et al. Role of vascular endothelial growth factor as a tumour marker in Osteosarcoma: a prospective study. Int Orthop.2012Nov;36(11):2315-21
- Eun SS, Lee SA, Kumar R, Sul EJ, Lee SH, Ahn JH, Chang MJ. Direct bursoscopicossicle resection in young and active patients with unresolved Osgood-Schlatter disease. Arthroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic & Related Surgery. 2015 Mar 31;31(3):416-21.
- Eun SS, Kumar R, Choi WG, Cho HR, Lee SH. Lamina fenestration technique for treatment of thoracic ossified ligamentum flavum: 2-year follow-up result. Journal of Neurological Surgery Part A: Central European Neurosurgery. 2017 May;78(03):286-90.
- Kancherla R, Sankineani SR, Naranje S, Rijal L, Kumar R, Ansari T, et al. Birth-related femoral fracture in newborns: risk factors and management. Journal of Children’s Orthopaedics. Journal of Children’s Orthopaedics. 2012 Jun 26; 6(3):177–80
- Rijal L, Sagar G, Ansari T, Kumar R, Rao S, Kancherla R. The extremes in orthopaedics! Whom to blame?. Musculoskeletal surgery. 2012 Dec 1;96(3):179-82.
- Rastogi S, Sankineani SR, Nag HL, Mohanty S, Shivanand G, Marimuthu K, Kumar R, Rijal L; Intralesional autologous mesenchymal stem cells in management of osteonecrosis of femur: a preliminary study. Musculoskelet Surg. 2013 Jul 14
- Rijal L, Sagar G, Ansari T, Kumar R, Rao S, Kancherla R. Minimally Invasive Dynamic Hip Screw (MIDHS) Fixation. Techniques in Orthopaedics. 2014 Dec 1;29(4):237-41.
- Morey V, Sankineani SR, Kumar R. Multifocal metachronous giant cell tumour in bilateral upper limb: a rare case presentation. Musculoskeletal surgery. 2014 Aug 1;98(2):165
- Mittal R, Kandwal P, Rao SS, Kumar R. Acromioclavicular joint tuberculosis: apropos of two cases. Actaorthopaedicaettraumatologicaturcica. 2013 Dec;48(5):590-2.
- Jalan, Divesh, Vijay Sharma, Ramakant Kumart, Tushar Gupta, Kamran Farooque, and Gupta Mayank. “Salvage of Femoral Head in a 4 Months Old Neglected Fracture Dislocation of Hip—A Case Report.” Journal of Dento-Medical Science and Research 1, no. 1 (2013): 28- 30.
- Meena, Sanjay, PramodSaini, Vivek Singh, Ramakant Kumar, and VivekTrikha.”Bilateral anterior shoulder dislocation.” Journal of natural science, biology, and medicine 4, no. 2 (2013): 499-501.
- Sankineani SR, Kumar R, Kancherla RP. Comments to the article by Wu: Retrograde dynamic locked nailing for valgus knee correction: a revised technique. Int Orthop. 2012 Jun; 36(6):1323
- Kancherla R, Sankineani S, Trikha V, Kumar R, Malhotra R. Comment on Stern et al.: Prospective randomised study comparing screw versus helical blade in the treatment of lowenergy trochanteric fractures. Int Orthop. 2012 May; 36(5):1109–1110; author reply 1111.
- Sankineani SR, Kumar R, Kumar V, Kancherla RP. Role of bone patellar tendon allograft in revision ACL reconstruction. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2012 Aug; 132(8):1215.
- Meena S, Trikha V, Sankineani SR, Kumar R, Saini P. Has the role of tibial interlocking nailing in closed tibial-shaft fractures diminished?. International orthopaedics. 2012 Nov 1:1-2.